Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lake's Throwdown!

Wow...I haven't blogged in a long time! But it's time to start again. My boys love our Throwdown meetings so we decided to start again. We have a little different of a format in that we are doing it at dinner time. This is great for two reasons: 1. Everybody actually is still at the table by the time Steph and I take our seats and 2. We digest the word with Steph's great food...I'm a blessed man! By the way, my wife is the best cook! Homemade chicken fingers...Salsa Verde chicken bake...Home made Quesadilla's, just to name a few.
Tonight's Throwdown was good, we discussed the parable of the Rich foolish man. But what happened afterward was really cool. Lake, my youngest came up to me and told me about what they did in Sunday school. There was something handed out to the kids and it asked, "What kind of job would you like in church?" There was things on there like Pastor and other church occupations. He told me he signed up for "Floor Cleaner". I asked him, "Why did you sign up for that?" He said, "Nobody else did!"
Wow! I was impressed. I have to admit, I would not sign up for it either...but Lake got it...he got the Kingdom.
I was expecting to lead our Throwdown meeting tonight...but I guess Lake threw it down! Out of the mouths of babes....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

like it... cindy

Rach said...

Out of the mouth of "poo-pa" I love it :) -Rach

Donna said...

SO glad you are back to the blogging! I love hearing about what you are sharing with your kids and what God is doing in your life...I'll be checking back REGULARLY!
Thanks for always being an encouragement simply by being who you are.

Cheapest Diablo 3 gold said...

Very cool. I always enjoy the interviews. Thanks for having this blog